Thursday, March 31, 2016

[Anwsered] Administrative privilege problems? Won't shut down, restart or log off, multiple instances of Consent UI running but not doing anything, Windows Logon shows constantly on task manager, cannot install or run new programs

Administrative privilege problems? Won't shut down, restart or log off, multiple instances of Consent UI running but not doing anything, Windows Logon shows constantly on task manager, cannot install or run new programs

I guess I put the bulk of the information in the title.
I'm running Windows 7 Starter ed.
on a netbook.
My computer is likely physically beat up, because I know I'm hard on it, and I'm a bit torrent user, but I vet things carefully.
I cannot think of other possible risk factors.
I use a-squared as my virus scanner.
I can put the computer into Hibernate or Sleep mode, but Windows does not ask for my password on wakeup, which has always been my user preference.
When I went to double-check this in my settings, password protection was still selected, but both options were
greyed out and unselectable.
I have not gotten any error messages.
Things just aren't working.
I attempt to shut the computer down, and nothing happens.
I've tried shutting down from the start menu, and there is no response.
Using the power button, which I have set to shut down when
it is pressed, results in hibernation and wakes up without a password request.
CTRL+ALT+DEL produces no response.
I have checked to ensure that each of those keys is working.
I also tried using the 'run' menu at one point earlier in my troubleshooting, and
Windows+R produced nothing as well, although at the time I assumed it was a Win7 Starter thing.
I discovered the shutdown problem a day or two ago.
I don't remember anything unusual I did before that.
I'd had a momentary problem with shutdown a couple of days earlier, but was soon after able to do a shutdown to install updates (maybe because administrative
permissions were automatically provided? I'm really not qualified to guess.) I discovered the problem with installing/opening new applications today, immediately after attempting mounting an .iso on DaemonTools.
At first I assumed it was a compatibility problem,
since the game I was attempting to install came out during the heyday of Windows 98.
Changing the compatibility settings made it worse- no idea whether that's related to the rest of it.
I don't know how long it has been a problem- I haven't installed much
new software lately.
When I attempt to open new executables in explorer, or from the autorun menu, explorer or the autorun menu freezes and my cursor changes into the little waiting doohickey (you know what I mean by that, right? Sorry, I'm distraught and and can't remember
the term...).
I have tried waiting it out.
Nothing else visibly happens.
Opening the task manager revealed nothing running under applications but the programs I could see on my taskbar (specifically, explorer, firefox, and autorun) and windows logon.
Although explorer and autorun were not responding to me, their status was 'running',
not 'not responding'.
'End task' was obeyed immediately.
'Switch to' did nothing.
Windows Logon will not go away.
It will not 'switch to'.
It will not 'end task'.
It makes the little bad-user beep when I try to make it do either of those things.
Under the processes tab, there are 23 instances (forgive me if that's not the term I should be using here) of consent.exe listed.
None of them are using CPU and they are using variable levels of memory.
I have the little box next to 'show processes from
all users' checked.
I think one or two of the consent.exes go away when I uncheck it.
Some of the setup and executable files I attempted to run are sitting there under processes.
There are also 11 'instances' of svchost.exe running, but I think that might
be normal?
At one point, when I tried to open a newly downloaded program (I think it was ScummVM), an admin icon appeared briefly in my taskbar with a rollover caption (again, sorry for the idiosyncratic language) telling me the program needed my permission before
continuing.
I tried to select this window, which was not visible, and it left the taskbar.
I attempted this a few more times.
Things that are using CPU right now (this may be entirely irrelevant, but since I have no clue what's going on, I'm including it just in case):
System idle process, fluctuating around 77
Windows Task Manager, of course
TMBMSRV.exe: 'Manages the Trend Micro unauthorized change prevention feature'.
GGAACCHHK.
I can't stand all the Trend Micro stuff that shipped with my computer.
This may be part of the problem.
I haven't given the program any permissions lately.
uTorrent & Firefox
TrendMicro personal firewall system- I'm pretty sure that's usually running
NT Kernel & System
Client Server Runtime Process
Logon UI
None of these is using significantly more CPU than the others.
And, dammit, I just inadvertently pressed some button or hotkey selection in task manager that takes away the menu bar.
Heh.
So.
I guess I didn't put the bulk of the information in the title.
Thank you for sitting through all this, if you have.
If no one here can help me I'm fully prepared to physically take it in to a professional- it's due anyway.
Thank you.

Solutions to the Problem Administrative privilege problems? Won't shut down, restart or log off, multiple instances of Consent UI running but not doing anything, Windows Logon shows constantly on task manager, cannot install or run new programs

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi LindeeLee,
Step 1
I would suggest you to put the computer in a clean boot state and check if everything works fine and if you can install the programs.
If it works fine, you may check if any third party applications are causing this issue.
Access the link below and follow the steps to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
 
If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source.
 
Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual” and set it to Normal startup.
Step 2
You may open event viewer and check if there are any other significant error messages/codes related to the issue and post back the error message / codes.
 
Refer the link below for more details:
 
What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer
 
Hope this helps.
Let us know the results.
                                                               
Thanks and Regards,
 
Srinivas R
Microsoft Support.
Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Using Windows troubleshooter:

  • Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
  • A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
  • Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
  • The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
  • Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Administrative privilege problems? Won't shut down, restart or log off, multiple instances of Consent UI running but not doing anything, Windows Logon shows constantly on task manager, cannot install or run new programs:

How to Fix Administrative privilege problems? Won't shut down, restart or log off, multiple instances of Consent UI running but not doing anything, Windows Logon shows constantly on task manager, cannot install or run new programs with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: How to Fix - 64g ssd with a 500g regular drive?,Allow Unhide Rows in Protected Workbook [Solved],[Solved] Get in Excel 2007 data from Access 2007 out of self-built Queries,[Solution] How can I temporarily disable 'service manager' to install Adobe flashplayer?,[Anwsered] When I try to watch a flash video, I am told occasionally that I don't have Adobe Flash.,Solution to Error: Black screen during boot sequence,[Solved] Can't restore Windows 7 64-bit from external hard drive,How to Fix - IE 11 Enhance Protect Mode reset issue with add-on's?,Solution to Error: Internet Explorer 9 update/install error - Error Code 80092004,Upgrading to IE 8 causes cookies to get deleted when starting IE [Anwsered],Solution to Problem: All programs try to start from windows component
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Problem: Adobe Flash Player problems With Internet Explorer,Troubleshoot:Adding Cell Values to a Macro when sending an email,How to Fix Problem - Adding TV (wirelessly) to network?,Solution to Error: Adobe programs are not opening adobe files,How to Fix Error - AeroShould the wireless keyboard and the laptop keyboard work at the same type?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded

No comments:

Post a Comment