Address bar on IE 8 doesn't drop down
I am on windows XP and have IE8.
The address bar on my pc does not drop down.
I have tried the usual fix (Internet options>Content>Autocomplete and ticked address bar boxes) but this still doesn't make my address bar drop down.
Solutions to the Problem Address bar on IE 8 doesn't drop down
How long have you had this issue?
Try resetting Internet Explorer (IE) & register files.
Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.
Switch to the Advanced tab.
Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
Click Reset to confirm the operation.
Click Close when the resetting process finished.
Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box.
Click Apply, click OK.
To reset Internet Explorer automatically, click the Fix this problem link in the below article:
Reset IE disclaimer:
Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults.
This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings.
will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.
Savan – Microsoft Support.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Address bar on IE 8 doesn't drop down
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Address bar on IE 8 doesn't drop down:
How to Fix Address bar on IE 8 doesn't drop down with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Adobe flashplayer 10,Troubleshooting:After every login I get \" You must restart your computer to apply these changes\" Error,Fast Solution to Error: Add x number of rows to a table,How to Fix Problem - After changing my windows theme to a classic non-aero custom theme, I cannot open any folder anywhere without explorer crashing?,Troubleshoot:adobe acrobat installing,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded