backup completed but files were skipped : non existent folder
When I run Backup on my Win7Pro/64, I always get a warning at the end, saying:
"Backup did not complete successfully", and when I click on the
options button, I get the following:
"The backup completed but some files were skipped".
And when I click on View skipped files, I get:
"Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\MyAccount\Desktop.
Error:(The system cannot find the file specified.
And indeed, this folder does not exist, as my profile folders have all been moved to another drive.
So why is backup still attempting to back this nonexistent folder ???
I'd like to get rid of this error, b/c I'm always scared that such strange symptoms could hide a more serious problem (like my real user folders not being backed up correctly...)
Anwsers to the Problem backup completed but files were skipped : non existent folder
Follow steps from the KB article below to fix the problem.
Error code 0x8100002F and or error code 0x80070002 when you back up files in Windows 7
Microsoft Support Engineer
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error backup completed but files were skipped : non existent folder has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: backup completed but files were skipped : non existent folder:
How to Fix backup completed but files were skipped : non existent folder with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Automatic update installation not completed?,Autotext Font Size randomly handled [Anwsered],How Can You Fix - AVSDK5 Active Protection error and shut down?,Troubleshooting:Atw is incompatible Error,Fast Solution to Error: Auto save e-mail address to which I reply,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?