Automatically loading a .tif file to an external image viewer.
I have ACDSee 10 installed on an XP macine running IE8. A website I use for work displays document images in .tif format. When I click on the link to a .tif file, ACDSee is called and the image automatically opens. I have another pc with the same configuration
(recently reinstalled Windows) and clicking on the link on that computer brings up the standard Windows "Save file" dialog box. Is there a way to set this to automatically open like in the first case? I've searched the net for about an hour so far but no
Thanks in advance,
Solutions to the Problem Automatically loading a .tif file to an external image viewer.
These settings are stored in Folder Options for the extension types.
To configure the second computer to first computer’s settings follow these same steps on both computers and compare/copy the settings from the first computer to the second.
· Click the
File Types tab
· Match the second computer with the first in the
Opens with: and Advanced options for TIF
· Repeat the same above process for the
Hope that helps, look forward to hearing back from you.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Automatically loading a .tif file to an external image viewer.:
How to Fix Automatically loading a .tif file to an external image viewer. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: [Anwsered] Backup application could not start,How to Fix Error - Asus laptop keeps showing blue screen?,Fast Solution to Problem: At startup ,and seems to be lasting longer, screen is flickering,and a dotted line apears horizonaly across screen.,Troubleshooting:Back up Ghost of W7 question,How to Fix Error - autocomplete not functioning properly in microsoft 2007 excel?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?