Brightness setting in the Balanced power plan changes at random.
Well, the title says it all.
I change my brightness to the highest level for the
Plugged in state in the Balanced power plan (or click
Restore default settings for this plan) and then click Save changes.
After a while (maybe after a restart) the brightness slider is again at about 50%, about the same as the
On baterry setting.
What's wrong? It's a Toshiba Satellite L-450 laptop.
I don't have another power management program supplied by Toshiba that could change my settings.
Anwsers to the Problem Brightness setting in the Balanced power plan changes at random.
Hi Stoyan O,
Create a new user profile and check if the issue persists there.
To create a new profile, you must first create a new user account.
When the account is created, a profile will also be created.
1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
2. Click Manage another account. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click Create a new account.
4. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.
For more information visit the below links:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151 (This article is for windows XP but can also be used for vista and windows 7.)
You may also create your own plan and check.
For more information visit the below links:
Hope this information is helpful.
Umesh P - Microsoft Support
Running System Update Readiness Command
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve Brightness setting in the Balanced power plan changes at random. in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error Brightness setting in the Balanced power plan changes at random. still comes up.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Brightness setting in the Balanced power plan changes at random.:
How to Fix Brightness setting in the Balanced power plan changes at random. with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.220.127.116.11 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: [Anwsered] Buy visual studio 2012 ultimate from india?,[Anwsered] BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) on shutdown\/sleep,[Solution] Calculating hours between two specific times,[Anwsered] BSOD after several hours,How to Fix Problem - C and E drives are switched?,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work