BSOD Crashes after Win 8.1 Update . HELP!
I have just recently updated my windows 8 to windows 8.1 on my Sony Vaio computer.
Last night, I was playing a game when all of a sudden my computer had blue screened.
This was the first blue screen ever on my computer and I thought it was just a freak
occurrence and shrugged it off.
I went back to playing the game after the restart thinking it wouldn't happen again.
But then, it blue screened again.
I have reason to believe that after the update to windows 8.1 some of my files may have been corrupted.
Unfortunately I'm not that technologically advanced and need some help in identifying the error.
I have included the two dmp.files from the two blue screens
I would be eternally grateful if someone could give me some insight into what went wrong.
Keys to the Problem BSOD Crashes after Win 8.1 Update . HELP!
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error BSOD Crashes after Win 8.1 Update . HELP!
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: BSOD Crashes after Win 8.1 Update . HELP!:
How to Fix BSOD Crashes after Win 8.1 Update . HELP! with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: [Solved] C:\\Windows\\svchost.exe error message pops up everytime,Troubleshooter of Error: BT Desktop Help program does not open after upgrade to IE 11,Brightness change when maximising windows on HDTV [Anwsered],Troubleshooter of Error: Bsods only on cold boot up, however it stops after a shut down and re-boot up! Please Help !,Troubleshooting:Browsing history drop down screen is blank. Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work