BSOD, freeze , sudden crashes.
Hello , I really need help here , I've had this problem for ages and cant stop it.
I keep having crashes with the stupid 0x124 error
( more details :
- hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b fffff800`03403000 fffff800`0344c000 0x00049000 0x4ce7c669 20/11/2010 15:00:25
- ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18c443 fffff800`02e1d000 fffff800`03403000 0x005e6000 0x5147d9c6 19/03/2013 05:21:42 Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533) Microsoft Corporation
and when I go in event viewer it says event 41)
If someone could help me solve this problem please
EDIT : here's the link for the dmp and my pc specs https://www.dropbox.com/s/t63z5lt8lltkro9/Minidump.zip
Solutions to the Problem BSOD, freeze , sudden crashes.
Stop 0x124 is a hardware error
If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.
If you continue to get BSODs here are some more things you may want to consider.
This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.
Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:
1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard.
That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC...
anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.
6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern.
Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the
RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.
7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING
AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the
machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the hardware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent hardware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:
8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.
9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope that the culprit is something non-essential which can be removed.
Obviously, this type of testing is a lot easier if you've got access to equivalent components in order to perform swaps.
Should you find yourself in the situation of having performed all of the steps above without a resolution of the symptom, unfortunately the most likely reason is because the error message is literally correct - something is fundamentally wrong
with the machine's hardware.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix BSOD, freeze , sudden crashes.
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: BSOD, freeze , sudden crashes.:
How to Fix BSOD, freeze , sudden crashes. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.18.104.22.168 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.126.96.36.199 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Bookmarks not being saved?,Tech Support: BSOD (0x8e) by mpfltr.sys,Troubleshooting:Boot Speed in Windows 7 Error,Tech Support: Bug Report: Windows 8.1 installs the incorrect wireless network adapter driver,Solution to Error: by mistake I deleted apple application support, how can i get it back.,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work