Computer shuts down upon attempted awake from sleep mode
I just built a new computer with an Asus P7P55D Premium motherboard. When I try to wake the computer from sleep mode (I've tried both S1 and S3 sleep modes in the BIOS), the fans start to run and the motherboard LEDs turn on, but then the computer just
powers off. I then have to turn the computer back on, wait for the BIOS to load, and then I get the "windows was shut down unexpectedly...
start windows normally or safe mode?" prompt.
I've tried changing all of the settings I can think of in the Windows 7 power options, as well as in the Asus BIOS menu. A friend of mine said it might have to do with ACPI settings, but it doesn't seem to change anything when I enable or disable them in the
BIOS. Could it possibly be a physical hardware problem? Does anyone have any ideas?
Solutions to the Problem Computer shuts down upon attempted awake from sleep mode
Could you please answer these below questions?
a) Have you checked whether Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled for mouse and keyboard?
You may try the steps below and check if the issue gets fixed.
Now you need to disable hybrid sleep on your system and then check for the issue.
To "Disable Hybrid Sleep Mode" follow the steps below.
Step one, open up the power options setting from the control panel and select the "Change plan settings" link below the selected power plan.
Once in the resulting dialog, choose "Change advanced power settings". Now you need to scroll through the miles and miles of options to find the "Sleep" node. Expand this, and then the "Allow hybrid sleep" node below it. You should see two options, "On
battery" and "Plugged in". Set both of these to "Off".
Once this is done, click "OK" and you should be all set! From now on, whenever your laptop would normally go into "Sleep" - usually when the lid is closed or when inactive for a certain time - it will enter full sleep mode, rather than hybrid sleep. And
when you go to awaken it from its slumbers, it should be fully responsive within a second or two of reactivation - as opposed to the 10-15 seconds after hybrid sleep.
If the issue still persists then i recommend you to update the graphic drivers and see if it makes any difference.
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.
1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.
you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In Device Manager, locate the Display adapter, and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.
Now try to follow the below provided link to Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly and check for the issue.
You need to contact your computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.
Thanks and Regards:
Suresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Computer shuts down upon attempted awake from sleep mode:
How to Fix Computer shuts down upon attempted awake from sleep mode with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.18.104.22.1688.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.22.214.171.124 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.126.96.36.19986,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.188.8.131.520,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.184.108.40.2069,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.220.127.116.115,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: How to Fix Error - Computer with Windows XP will not recognize Comupluter on Network with Windows 7. Windows 7 sees Computers woth XP, but cannont communicate with them?,Troubleshooting:computer freezes or goes black shortkly after start up Error,Computer Restarting Suddenly [Anwsered],Troubleshooter of Error: Computer restarts when I put my admin password,How to Fix Problem - Connect/Disconnect Internet using a command prompt?,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722