cursor unresponsive after startup
On my HP laptop running Windows 7, 64 bit, on startup after the password log in, the cursor does not respond stuck in the middle of the screen, it takes anywhere from one to two minutes to get it to respond. After that it seems to work fine.
about two weeks ago and it's getting a little disturbing.
During this time of no action the little round circle of activity appears next to the cursor off and on. The up and down arrow keys do not affect the cursor.
Any suggestions? Thanks
Keys to the Problem cursor unresponsive after startup
· Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
Follow these methods.
Method 1: Follow the steps:
Step 1: Boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists.
Start your computer in safe mode
Step 2: If the issue does not persist in safe mode, perform a
to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.
Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
Step 7 from the link to return the computer to Normal startup mode.
Method 2: Reduce the touchpad sensitivity.
Follow the steps:
a) Open control panel, double-click on the
b) Mouse Properties select Device Settings.
Click on Settings.
c) Expand the option labeled "Sensitivity."
d) Click on the option labeled "Touch Sensitivity.”
e) Reduce the touch sensitivity setting by moving the slider to the right, towards the "Heavy Touch" label.
Experiment with different levels of sensitivity until you find one suited to your needs.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: cursor unresponsive after startup:
How to Fix cursor unresponsive after startup with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error